California is suffering Extreme Drought Conditions which could take years to resolve so drought mindfulness is of paramount importance.
Water Saving Tips for Around the Home:
- Collect the water you use while rinsing fruit and vegetables. Use it to water house plants.
- Teach children to turn off faucets tightly after each use.
- Drop tissues in the trash instead of flushing them and save water every time.
- Have maintenance personnel regularly check your facilities for leaks, drips and other water waste.
- Designate one glass for your drinking water each day, or refill a water bottle. This will cut down on the number of glasses to wash.
- Turn off the water while washing your hair and save up to 150 gallons a month.
- Check regularly for any leaks in your toilet, faucets and water hose bibs and fix them. Water saved: up to 200 gallons per day.
- Take short showers and save the baths for special occasions. Water saved: 2 to 5 gallons per minute.
- Don’t rinse dishes before loading dishwasher. Water saved: 20 gallons per load.
- Install a low-flow faucet aerator, which can cut water use in half. Water saved: 1 to 2 gallons per minute.
- Wash only full loads in the clothes washer. Washing small loads uses over twice as much water per pound of laundry.
- When buying a new clothes washer, consider purchasing a water-saving model. Water saved: up to 40 gallons per load.